Single Superphosphate (SSP)
Single superphosphate (SSP) was the first commercial mineral fertilizer, and it led to the development of the modern plant nutrient industry. This material was once the most commonly used fertilizer, but other phosphorus (P) fertilizers have largely replaced SSP because of its relatively low P content.
Single Superphosphate(SSP) is a universal phosphoric fertilizer, which can be applied for all crops and on all soil types. It can aslo be applied on meadows and pastures.
The modern fertilizer industry was launched in the 1840s with discovery that the addition of sulfuric acid to naturally occurring phosphate produced an excellent soluble fertilizer, given the name “superphosphate.” Ground animal bones were first used in this reaction, but natural deposits of rock phosphate (apatite) soon replaced the limited supply of bones. Making SSP is similar to what naturally occurs with bones or apatite in acid soils. The basic technique has changed very little in the past century. Ground phosphate rock is reacted with sulfuric acid to form a semi-solid, which cools for several hours in a den. The plastic-like material is then conveyed to a storage pile for several weeks of additional curing. The hardened material is then milled and screened to the appropriate particle size or granulated. The general chemical reaction is Ca3(PO4)2 [rock phosphate] + 2 H2SO4 [sulfuric acid] → Ca(H2PO4)2 [monocalcium phosphate] + 2 CaSO4 [gypsum].
SSP can easily be produced on a small scale to meet regional needs. Since SSP contains both monocalcium phosphate (MCP, also called calcium dihydrogen phosphate) and gypsum, no problems arise with phosphogypsum byproduct disposal unlike the manufacture of other common P fertilizers.
SSP is also known as ordinary superphosphate and normal superphosphate. It’s sometimes confused with triple superphosphate (TSP) production, which results from reacting rock phosphate with phosphoric acid.
Specification ofSingle Superphosphate(SSP)
|1||Water-soluble phosphate (P2O5)||16% Min|
|4||Size(1-5-Breaked Granules)||90% pass|
|5||Cd||15 ppm Max|
|6||Pb||25 ppm Max|
- Packing Detail: 50kg bags, 1.5 MT bags, according To customer’s requirement.
- Supply Ability: 15000 MT/ Month
- Shipment Port: Bushehr Port
- Transportation: Vessel/Track
We are the manufacturer of Single Super Phosphate . Single Super Phosphate-Powder and Granulated form contains Phosphorus, Calcium and Sulphur which are primary and secondary plant nutrient for growth and development of the plant.
Advantages of SSP Fertilizer
- SSP provides 14.5 % WS P2O5 and 16 % CS P2O5.
- Lowest price per kg., preferred by small and marginal farmers.
- Multi-nutrient fertilizer containing P2O5 as primary nutrient and Sulphur and Calcium as secondary nutrients.
- SSP is the cheapest source of Sulphur for the soil.
- Only phosphatic fertilizer which can utilize Indian rock phosphate deposits.
- SSP can help to convert unavailable nutrient in available form in the soil.
- SSP can help to improve soil physical as well as chemical properties
- SSP helps in improving root growth and development which most important for uptake of plant nutrient and water
- For Leguminous crops like groundnut, use of SSP, ensures a large number of nodules and the roots, which fix atmospheric Nitrogen directly into the soil and also increase Nitrogen uptake
- SSP improves soil aeration and increase water holding capacity of the soil and increase root growth which increase crop yield
- Oil content of Groundnut and other oil seeds increases. The quantity and quality of oil seeds crops increases
- In Sugarcane, the sugar content is increase which provide more production and monetary benefit to the farmers
- SSP increases resistance power of the plants against attack of pest and disease
- SSP increases protein content in pulses crop
- SSP helps in leaching excess water from the root zone and prevent yellowing of the crop
- SSP improves storage capacity of product
- SSP also act as soil reclaiming agent